An Out and About Day Trip is being planned for Monday, June 25. Please mark your calendars and plan to join us for a day of adventuring and fun Up Island. The itinerary will include 5 or 6 of the following locations.
- a 1.8 km return walking self guided tour (no organized tours are available) at the new John Hart Generating Station at Campbell River,
- the award winning, internationally renowned Museum at Campbell River
- lunch and beach walk at Salmon Point Restaurant & Pub
- a tasting tour at Shelter Point Distillery
- a tasting at Coastal Black Winery
- a tour at Seal Bay RV Park.
The approximate cost is in the $55 – $60 range. The tip for the bus driver will be included in this cost. Details, signing up info, the final cost as well as info on the payment will follow shortly. I just wanted you to mark your calendars now.
The locations are wheelchair accessible including the walking path at the generating station. As I have been unable to arrange for transportation for members in wheelchairs, members using their own transportation will be given a separate costing.